Sunday, May 31, 2009

Keen Observations

I cleaned my coat this weekend.

In retrospect, I see that it really needed it. I don't do this very often because it is always a big production to clean and dry my jacket.

The dogs toy bin was emptied out and filled with water, and the jacket, minus the armour, was put in to soak. This time around I added my high-vis vest and my helmet liner to soak.

I stirred them around a few times in a rather futile attempt to mimic a washing machine and left the bin in the sun.

The heat of the day had set in when I returned later to hang them out to dry.

At the end of the day, when I brought them in, I learned something very interesting.

Items left drying in the sun, take an exponentially shorter amount of time to dry if they are left to dry in sunny hot weather.

Okey-dokey. Have to remember that one.

All of you suzie-homemaker-types, stop rolling your eyeballs at me. Auntie Balisada is "microwave compatible". I like my microwave ovens and my washing machine. Yeah, the washing machine grumbles because I kind of packed everything in, but whatever.

Where usually, my jacket is hanging in the bathtub all night (hmm, now that I think about it, this whole drying in the heat thing is probably why my sister was a bit confused when I wanted to dry my jacket in the bathtub the first time I washed it), this time it was dry before I went to bed.

Cool.

Well, getting ready for church this morning I kind of forgot about cleaning my jacket and was actually rather late because I was putting the armour in the little slots.

. . . and emptying the water from the pockets.

Yeah, I forgot that the pockets are rather water tight, so to speak, so that when water collects, it really collects, and drips out of the pockets when the jacket is turned every which way.

I am so observant too. I actually spent some time trying to figure out where the spot of water on the carpet came from. Looked at the ceiling. No, my ceiling did not suddenly develop a hole. No cups or bowls of water anywhere. The CIA is not going to snatch me up anytime soon because they need my quick thinking skills! It is a good thing I practice all the right motorcycle skills I need on the road!

A quarter of a roll of paper towels later, my pockets were dry and I was on my way to church.

Late but on my way.

I am not surprised that I didn't see the moped in my way in, because I was rather late.

But I saw it on my way out. Actually, I saw it in my mirror as I was getting ready start my motorcycle. Almost missed it on the way in and out.


And I worry about cars being observant enough to see me. Sheesh. I think that the pot may be calling the kettle black so to speak.

It was not until later that I recalled a conversation I had at church with someone. It is common knowledge at church that I ride all the time, even in rather 'interesting' weather. The day had finally come where it was nice weather and a lot of folks remarked to me how nice the weather was for riding.

One person, in mentioning the nice weather, stated that he should go home and get his moped.

Yes, Auntie Balisada, woman of quick intellect and sharp observations, has only just realized this might be his moped an hour or two after seeing it.

Now if I could just remember who I was talking to.


Ta!

Balisada

No comments:

Post a Comment