Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Exactly

Wow.

So I watch the news every morning before I go to work.

I watch just enough to find out what the weather is going to be like for my dog and to find out if there are going to be thundershowers or hail. I will not ride in that kind of weather, so I try to pay attention.

This morning, to be honest I heard the man talk, but didn't take in the words.

All that I remembered is that there was something about rain.

Sweet pea, this is Oregon.

We get rain.

Lots and lots of it.

Like Eskimos have several different words for ice, we even have words for the different types of rain.

Honestly, I ignored him. It was one of those days where I was going to ride no matter what.

Well, this afternoon it rained.

Yes, actually rained.

Not a mist.

Not a drizzle.

Not a shower.

Actual rain, that actually made me rather wet.

My socks were not exactly squishy, but I was most certainly rather wet all over.

And you know what?

Still quite happy.

People who drive, often just don't get why we motorcyclists are still out in the rain, happily riding along.

If I ever figure it out myself, I will be sure to let them know.


Ta!



Balisada

2 comments:

  1. You know it's a good rain when you're soaked before you even get a chance to sit on the bike and ride away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It was raining so hard one evening, that I wore my helmet on the way out to my motorcycle.


    Balisada

    ReplyDelete