Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Getting Out

I'm wet.

Earlier today, an email arrived stating that a thread that I was following at Pacific Northwest Riders (http://www.pnwriders.com/) had been updated.

A quick look told me that tonight was Corvallis Bike Night.

It was something that I had always seen in the forums, and almost went a couple of times, but never could really make it.

I tend to play a lot of computer games. Lately it's been a lot of World of Warcraft and Sims3, but I wanted to have a conversation with someone who was:

A: Not related to me.

B: Over the age of 16.

I stopped by home and picked up my netbook (in case no one showed up I could go to church in Brownsville) and wandered over to the gathering.

I am really uncomfortable around people I don't know, so I am delighted to say that I had a great time.

Just getting into Corvallis, a motorcyclist turned onto a street the same way that I was going and intuitively I knew that we were going to the same place.

It was actually a good thing I crossed his path because we didn't stop at the pizza parlor that I thought we were going to stop at.

On the way home, it rained.

Not just sprinkles, or showers.

Rain.

I could feel the water rapidly seeping into my shoes even before I was out of Corvallis.

I don't think that my pants were able to absorb any more water.

And I loved every minute of it.





Ta!


Balisada

4 comments:

  1. Glad you could join us, it was great to finally meet you and chat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to be there! I will have to attend another one!

    Balisada

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where does the group meet, now? I saw the Starbucks but didn't recognize it. Is it the one on 9th street?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that it was American Dream pizza.

    If you come into Corvallis from Hwy 20, keep going through the lights onto the one way.

    After a few blocks it will be on your right.

    I think it shares a parking lot with a bank on it's backside.

    ReplyDelete