Saturday, November 15, 2008

A paid for motorcycle sounds different

A couple of weeks ago, I was perusing my bank statement, and was surprised to discover that I only owed $20 on my Rebel.

I could have paid it off long ago, but I wanted the good payments to be on my credit.

So I wandered down to the bank to pay it off.

They looked in their computer and said that it had already been paid off and the title sent to me.

After looking through my mail back home, a letter I had taken for junk mail, was in fact, my title.

Yay!

I went promptly down the DMV to get my title in my name only.

In my enthusiastic haste, I had forgotten to bring some money so I used their cash machine to retrieve some.

I had put my helmet on the seat next to me and left it while I used the ATM. For $500 bucks, it gets it's own seat.

Except that when I returned, someone and her teenager had taken my seat, so that my helmet was now sitting next to a teenager who probably had no concept of a $500 helmet that is only good for one hit.

I am sorry to say that I wasn't all that nice when I scooped up my helmet and chose a new seat. You would think that they would assume that the seat next to the helmet was taken. I know it's petty, but it still bugs me.

So I have only just received my title from the DMV.

My motorcycle is now mine, mine mine.

And I think that it makes a funny noise, now that it is paid for.

Perhaps that's the strings of bondage being cut.

Ta!


Balisada

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Tell us, how does it feel? Is the bike lighter? Is the handling better? And, most importantly, is your sparkling smile wider???

    I have like, four more years before it is all paid off.

    Ride safe!

    -Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. My smile is bigger.

    The bike seems more 'frisky'.

    Like a mustang let out to pasture on a sunny day.

    I watched an old Disney movie and at the end, they were having a 'mortgage burning party.' I thought that the concept was funny at the time, but now that I have paid off my motorcycle, I completely understand the idea.

    Balisada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course they don't recognize the second seat being taken. That's a novel concept to most of them. After all they only take up one seat. Their heads are "inserted"!

    ReplyDelete