Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Term - Week 1

So it's Friday on the first week of fall term.

Fall Term is the busiest term of all. Enrollment is always highest in the fall, and staff is getting back from the summer break.

And they all need something.

So the week has been really busy.

Summer term enrollment is lowest because the college offers only a few classes that term, and with most staff gone, the parking lots are practically empty.

Which makes for good parking, so I usually park in with the cars because it's closer to my office.

But last week, I decided to park with the motorcycles in the corral, back of the college (remember, that I park on the "cool side of the corral".

On Monday, first day of classes, there were two others parked when I got in. I decided that it was worth it to take a picture:




The other two, by the way, belong to staff members.

Just after I snapped that, three other motorcycles rolled in, so I had to take another:



On the way home, I saw a single light behind me. I was in the left lane and the moped passed me on the right.

Like me, the rider was wearing a yellow and grey jacket and when he passed me, I turned and waved.

He seized the moment to yank at his shoulder. The "Revit" logo on his shoulder. Just like mine.

Dude is wearing a $450 jacket on a scooter.

Hardcore, man.

Hardcore.


Ta!

Balisada

7 comments:

  1. The increase in gas prices has brought a whole new line of “bikers” to the roadways. Motorists have always been inconsiderate of motorcycles on the roads, and accidents are normally due to a vehicle not yielding to a motorcyclist or them not seeing them at all. The truth is the majority of motorcycle accidents are not the motorcyclists fault. Helmets can prevent serious injury and reduce the risk of fatalities dramatically when these accidents happen. Wearing a motorcycle helmet can be fun and reflect your personality. There are helmets that have been custom painted with a personal choice of the owner. If you do not want to spend the extra bucks for a custom paint job, you can add some bling to your helmet or even some Mohawk hair, motorcycle helmet hair is a really cool way to get attention from motorists, it will be hard for them to no notice the biker with a purple Mohawk on their helmet. You can find some great Mohawk hair or biker helmet bling from www.ironhorsehelmets.com the affordable creative and fun helmet decorations are a great gift for the biker on your list this Christmas…and this Christmas I would say it is a safe bet that we all have a biker on our list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is starting to get cold outside in the Northern states, riding your motorcycle is a little more of a task then it was in the past summer months, now you have to bundle up and ensure you have the proper gear for the weather. Helmets, while should be worn all year round, become more popular in the colder months as they protect our faces from the bitterly cold winds that used to be warm rays of sunshine. This fall and in to early winter for the die hards who can not garage that beautiful bike may want to dress up their motorcycle helmets with some bling and maybe even a Mohawk. Helmet hair has become pretty popular, there are some bikers who wear it faithfully and sport it as if it were their own doo. The affordable and fun helmet hair and helmet patches can make your helmet more colorful, get you more attention, and even match your personality. So don’t put away the bike yet, grab that helmet to protect your face and slap on a bright blue Mohawk to that old helmet and make it look like new. You can get helmet hair to match your bike, your gear, or just find one that matches your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the scooterist would rather spend money on a quality jacket rather than on gas. :} -I noticed you have a Honda Rebel. You might be interested in a post of mine about a guy who is presently on a 6,000 mile charity ride on his Rebel 250 for the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. http://motophilosopher.blogspot.com/2008/09/leaving-today-6000-mile-moto-odyssey-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't mind I've added a link to "Rebel Sightings" on my blog sidebar under "Links to the MOB" "Motorcycle Oregon Bloggers". I've been looking for fellow bloggers from Oregon. If it's not ok, just let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kano,

    Not a problem, and thanks for the link. I enjoyed reading about his adventures.

    Balisada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kano! You are here, too?!?!? :-)

    Thanks a lot for spreading the word about my ride. I seriously do appreciate it!

    Nice parking lot pic, Balisada! Five years ago there were maybe two bike in the lot at work. This after noon i counted ten, including mine. IMHO, it's a good thing!

    BTW, I am KC7RAD over on the rebel250.com board. I recognized your name as soon as I saw it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, there is only one balisada (except at youtube. someone snatched it up.)

    Motorcycles have increased, and generally, it's a good thing.

    Balisada

    ReplyDelete