Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Roofing Staples and New Trailers

Gee whiz, I seem to be a forgetful person. I wrote this and then promptly forgot it. It should have been published after the Spruce Goose.

So, several weeks ago, I rode my motorcycle to work, and then went out and about for lunch.

I was rewarded with a roofing staple in my rear tire.

Yeah.

A roofing staple.

My tire was as flat as Brittany Spears' career.

I made an appointment to get it fixed and was delighted to discover that the shop could fit me in the following Saturday. Yay! I just had to wait a week.

Now all I had to do was spend that week looking for a trailer for my motorcycle.

I stopped into South Pacific Auto because I saw a lot of trailers.

The guy I spoke to showed me this trailer and said that he had people looking at it all week, and just that day he had a guy and his wife looking at it.

Okay.

Why don't I just let this 'guy and his wife' have first dibbs. He wanted nine hundred bucks and I wasn't that interested in buying a trailer that was really too big from someone that really seemed to be untrustworthy.

In the end, I ended up in Halsey paying nine hundred bucks for a bit smaller of a trailer (but I know that it's not too big and I think the other one was too big), and I liked the guy a lot more.

It's a tilt trailer, and if I get a spare tire to put on the front, the center of gravity will be changed enough to make it stay flat when I ride my motorcycle up and flatten out the trailer.

Best of all, it's red. Red to match my pickup.


Ta!

Balisada

No comments:

Post a Comment