Monday, September 15, 2008

Cupcakes don't transport well on a motorcycle

If you want to know, cupcakes don't transport well on a motorcycle.

I know from personal experience.

The first time, I fastened them to the pillion and away I went. When I got to work, they were all jumbled up and the frosting was all over the little "cupcake holes".

The next time, I decided to ride very carefully.

The cupcakes were still face up this time, but the frosting had vibrated to the side of almost all of the cupcakes, so that most of the frosting was on the plastic carrier and not a whole lot on the cupcake.

I mention that because I wanted to bring something sweet to work last week and I really wanted it to be cupcakes.

But given my past history with cupcakes, I decided on donut holes.

I have finally gotten my Rebel in from the 16,000 mile service.

I have not been riding much because I have this fear that I will be dripping parts behind me when I ride a long distance.

I don't know why I keep thinking that, it's totally irrational.

So I got my Rebel back from the 16,000 mile service, that I got at uhhh, 18,000 miles. I need to lube the chain more. Some day the chain will fall off at the wrong time because I did not lube it like I was supposed to.

I seized the opportunity to rediscover the joys of taking the long way home.

I then discovered the joys of a long trip by going to a family reunion.

I needed to bring something to eat, and I really wanted to bring cupcakes.

Yeah, we all know how that will end up.

At the end of a short 3 mile trip to work, they are, a bit ruffled.

At the end of a 45 minute trip to they could very well be quite a bit unhappy.

So I settled on chips.

I also got my GPS out for the trip.

I also connected up my new phone to the GPS (bluetooth). It's kind of cool. Hook up the earphone and mouthpiece, and you can make a phone call without taking out the cellphone.

Not that I would.

I really don't like talking on the phone to begin with, and I sure am not going to do it on a motorcycle.

But the setup will also tell me who is calling.

That's nice. Now I can tell if I have to stop or not.

I just have to hook up the GPS to the battery. Should be easy, I just don't want a stray wire hanging out in space.

So, anyways, I wandered on down to Eugene to a family reunion.

GPS got me there, and it's a good thing it did, because my mom was going to give me directions, and she got lost with her sister.

I also beat her there by about an hour.

I must have arrived when everyone else did, because I followed two cars in to the parking lot, but didn't recognize anyone. I called my mom and while on the phone, someone arrived that I actually recognized.

Does everyone have that problem with family reunions?

When I parked, I noticed that they didn't size the parking lot right and there was a space of about three feet on the edge.

Just the right size for a motorcycle.

Fabulous!

They have motorcycle parking:



See, just enough space for a motorcycle.


Ta!

Balisada

2 comments:

  1. I use my G.P.S. mostly as a survival tool for the type of riding that I do.

    When I'm on the street, for example, on a road trip to the Oregon Coast, I keep it stowed in my saddle bags. I'd much rather get lost than arrive on time!

    I've "found" (pun intended) that the best roads are discovered when I don't have a clue where I am.

    Ride Well

    E.T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oregon has a lot of really good motorcycle roads.

    There always seems to be at least two ways to get anywhere, and one of them is probably a great motorcycle road that will get you lost.

    That's why I got my GPS too. So I could figure out just how to get home!

    Getting there is half the fun!

    Balisada

    ReplyDelete