Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Need Not Apply

I perked up at reading the headline:

Riders invited to start new motorcycle club


So I clicked on the article, and found it to be rather short:

Motorcyclists interested in starting a club for riders of American-made bikes with engines that are at least 883cc’s are invited to a meeting at 5 p.m. Friday at Humpty’s Dump, 916 Old Salem Road N.E. For more information, contact Westside at (503) 851-7529.


Fine.

I didn't want to be in your dumb group anyway.


Ta!

Balisada

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a case of the Dudeman.

    Or maybe this: Now everyone will know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, if you want to start a Harley Club, then just call it a Harley Club.

    Don't hide behind "American Made Motorcycles."



    Balisada

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 1976 Kawasaki KZ900LTD was built in Lincoln, NE. and is at least 883cc, ya think I'd be welcomed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly what I am talking about.

    On the Honda Rebel Forum that I wander into, we talked about that very fact - just how much of our Rebels were built in the US and how much of a Harley was built in the US.

    I don't know where my Rebel was built, but I am fairly confident in saying that it is probably more American than theirs.


    Balisada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy,
    Love the Hummer cartoon. Fits my own notions exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete