Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Socks Aren't Squishy

Someday, I am going to remember to post things I "save for later".

This was written on Jan 8th.

Have fun!

~~~~


So I rode to work today.

I have had a cough that I think was actually pretty serious at the time.

The time being the middle of November.

But I couldn't quite shake the cough, and have not been riding in order to regain my health. I think that the reason that I couldn't shake the cough is because it was quite serious. I felt fine, I just had this cough.

I don't even want to speculate on what I am probably getting over. I just want to enjoy the satisfaction that comes with riding a motorcycle to work, in rather grumpy weather. (It's kind of this, "I conquered it" thing.)

If it rains anymore, I think that I will have to start building an ark and gathering animals, two by two. It has rained that much.

It's actually starting to flood in Washington State, and in the Valley, where I live, we are probably going to be spared flooding, due to the fact that it doesn't actually rain, it just lightly rains.

So anyway, I rode to work today.

I looked at the black clouds, the light rain coming down, and the trees blowing, and decided to pack an extra set of pants and socks because I was going to be pretty wet when I arrived at work. Happy, but wet.

So now, here I sit.

Pretty dry, in fact.

It wasn't as wet as I thought.

Except for an irrational fear that all the air was going to suddenly escape from my tires, the trip to work was pretty uneventful.

Which is the kind of motorcycle trip I like.

Now I just have to make sure that my dad doesn't find out that I rode to work.

He still worries.



Ta!

Balisada

2 comments:

  1. I've learned to hope for the best. Weather sometimes out better than we thought it would. Where in the world did the notion of your tires suddenly going flat come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earlier it was that I was going to leave a trail of parts behind my motorcycle, and actually limited my riding for a while.

    The parts thing was replaced by the air in the tires thing.

    I can say that I was told my whole life by my dad that motorcycles are dangerous, and any fears I have about them probably come from that.

    He would tell me to put up my finger and see that the motorcycle disappears behind the finger.

    He would say that means that no one can see the motorcyclist and the motorcyclist is in danger all the time.

    I get the impression that he did quite a lot of motorcycle riding in his youth and not a lot of it was rather safe.

    I am getting quite better.

    I only thought of my tires a couple of times while riding today.


    Balisada

    ReplyDelete