Friday, June 13, 2008

Finals Week 2008

I like finals week.

It's a nice blend of slow and busy with a dash of stress thrown in for good measure. My favorite finals week is Spring term.

Summer is nice and lazy, and the frantic chaos that is Fall term is invigorating, but Spring term brings it's own set of issues that fascinate me.

Like lost cars. People only seem to lose their cars in the parking lot in Spring term. Not that one has been lost this week (we had that a few weeks ago).

So I started this on Wednesday and here it is Friday and I only have 3 paragraphs. It's not like I have been inundated with work to do. It must be a spring thing.

On Monday, I parked in the 'corral' and took a picture of all the bikes that were parked when I got there.

Several motorcycles in a designated motorcycle parking area.
If you look, you can see that there are quite a few bikes there at 8am. Usually, there are only 1 or 2. Finals week means that schedules are a bit different, so I was fortunate to get my usual parking space (that would be me with the Safeway bag hanging off the handlebars).

You can barely see my helmet hidden behind the railing. You can also see that most of the motorcycles are on the 'cool' side of the corral. :)

On Wednesday, I parked in front of the college in a regular parking space. Since the parking lot is almost empty, I feel that my motorcycle is safe from whatever.


A Honda Rebel sits in a parking space next to a van
Today, Friday, my motorcycle is parked there again, but the college is uncharacteristically busy. Folks are taking tests for classes on a non-traditional schedule, and the dental clinic above us is open.

I keep telling my boss that I am going to park inside the building this summer. I tell him that I am entitled, and if I pay a rental fee, then the normal parking rules should not apply. Funny thing is, my Rebel is small enough that it could actually fit through the doors without taking out the middle bar (I could even press the handicapped button), and it could sit quietly in the hall next to my office without any fuss.

Too bad I can't. It would be nice to look up and see my motorcycle.


Ta!


Balisada

No comments:

Post a Comment