Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Cold Weather and Delayed Postings

I started this post intending to post right away, but was stopped by some busyness that came up. It's a week later, and the busyness is only just slowing down. So it's kind of a timeline, of sorts.

~~~

So it's winter and riding has really been the pitts.

Cold weather has made riding difficult because it has been wet and cold, so the roads are not really good for motorcycles. I travel to work rather early.

Well, I call it early.

I have to be there at 8am, so the roads are not always the best at that hour. A bit later in the day, they are better for riding, but by then I am at work.

I recently ran across an article from someone who talks about waving to other riders. He then mentions "Nothing separates the true bikers from the wannabes like 30-degree temperatures."

He says that for the past week he has passed nothing on 2 wheels over a scooter.

That's hardcore.

You have to admire those folks on scooters. I wave at them, but they usually don't wave back. I don't think that they intentionally ignore me, I think that they are so into their ride, buzzing along (probably trying not to get run over), that they don't see me waving.

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20071228/NEWS/712280595/-1/RSS

~~~

So it is a bit later (Jan 8th), and Andy (Good Day Oregon weatherman) promised clouds today and rain this evening. Since it was not all that cold, I rode to work.

Yes, I know that all around the valley, weather is making for interesting travel. But the roads were clear and the weather was really not cold enough to freeze the roads (or it cleared before I went to work).

There was only one motorcycle in motorcycle parking this morning.

Mine.

I can't help but assume that my poor Rebel will be lonely all day:



I should have parked in the exact center of the motorcycle parking, to illustrate my Rebel's loneliness.

On my way to the lunchroom, I stopped by the motorcycle parking and discovered a total of 5 motorcycles in the motorcycle parking.

Good thing I didn't park in the center.

So it would appear that I am not the only "nutty motorcyclist" in the area (as folks in cars would say). At least my Rebel has another motorcycle to talk to.


Ta!

Balisada

No comments:

Post a Comment