Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Although my Christmas list contained several items, I really only wanted two. I wanted one of the Sims3 expansion packs and a new set of ears. I bought a bunch of ears a while ago and stuck them all to the inside of my entertainment cabinet and I have gone through the entire set.

And Santa brought me both!

Christmas Eve found me on the way to my brother's house in the next town over. My extended family was meeting there, and the Rebel makes it easier on parking space.

I was rewarded on the way over with cold but decent weather and seeing three motorcyclists out for a ride.

There is a buzz going on one of the email lists that I subscribe to. The list is about Rebel Riders, and the buzz is about the demise of the Rebel.

Someone pointed out that the new Rebel is not on Honda's webpage and it was suggested that Honda is discontinuing the Rebel.

Well, the discussion is still ongoing, but the general consensus is that it is simply an off year and rumors of the Rebel's demise are greatly exaggerated.

One of the most vivid images from the discussion included a remark about part number gaps through the years and that sometimes motorcycles arrive at the dealer with "some assembly required."

Perhaps that is why my Rebel is so small. We forgot a piece somewhere!


Ta!

Balisada

7 comments:

  1. I love the ears and tail, I've always known you to have them and it would be sad had Santa not come through. I've been thinking of a orange mohawk but I don't think I could pull it off as well as you do the ears.

    Shiny side up and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first put them on after only about a month after first getting a motorcycle and feel really foolish with them on.

    After a few years, my helmet feels naked without them.

    Happy New Year and Safe Riding!

    Balisada

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should be "I felt foolish."

    They don't seem silly now.

    Balisada

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered if you had "ear casualties" on the road, but I see you keep back ups for such occasions. I'm glad Santa is keeping you well supplied. :)
    It made my day when I saw you out riding the other day. It's always nice to see other riders, especially on these cold winter days!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something a little unsettling about someone who wants body parts for Christmas. Oh, she rides a Rebel. Well, that explains it!

    I'll be watching for ears on the roadway. Kind of like looking for lost golf balls, I guess. Maybe I can sell them back to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bluekat:
    I do have casualties, and the ears usually seem to fall off when the helmet is put down, and not on the road, but occasionally it happens on the road, lol.

    Irondad:
    I never really appreciated the implications of my statement until you mentioned something!

    I once backtracked my path when I lost an ear just outside of town, but darn if I could find it.

    Another time, I returned to my motorcycle in the Safeway parking lot and found an ear on my seat that someone had so graciously put there!

    Balisada

    ReplyDelete