Sunday, July 5, 2009

Need Not Apply, Sort Of

I don't know what it is about exclusive clubs that annoys the living daylights out of me.

Usually, I have no interest in the club at hand, but the fact that the club states that I cannot attend annoys the ever-loving-daylights out of me.

So, I am getting my netbook ready for notes at church today and I realize that the announcement is about motorcycles.

Men's prayer breakfast and motorcycle ride immediately following.

Fine.

I didn't want to be in your dumb club anyway.

Just remember that I still have more miles than you this year, and I did it on a starter bike.

And I am a woman.


Ta!

Balisada

4 comments:

  1. We are always happy to see you at our non-club bike night and you are more than welcome to join us for a ride anytime. We are the farthest thing from an exclusive club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think Groucho Marx. He said,

    "I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I do understand that it's a guy bonding thing, and a woman would disrupt the flow.

    I found out this past Sunday, that the event was actually started by someone else not associated with our church.

    So he wouldn't know that the most die-hard rider at church is a woman.

    Balisada

    ReplyDelete