Thursday, May 29, 2008

Leaving a trail

I have been riding my motorcycle to work the last few days.

This is noteworthy because I adjusted my chain again.

Myself.

I don't mind working on my pickup because if parts start falling off, it's no big deal, you are still safe inside (but I have it on good authority that the parts falling of a vehicle will, in fact, make sparks as they bounce along the road).

I am reluctant to work on my motorcycle because I am somehow convinced that I will make a mistake of some kind and that could be a problem when you only have two wheels.

Happily, parts have not fallen off of my motorcycle, but my rear brake did seem a bit more firm than it did before. After some checking, I see that I need to adjust the freeplay. My bad.

When I ride to church on Sundays, I am always the only motorcycle in the parking lot.

So, imagine my surprise when I discover that another motorcycle has wandered to church:



As I post this on a Sunday morning, I do wonder if it will be there today. Last week I looked around for anyone who might own the Harley, but didn't see any likely suspects.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Ta!

Balisada

2 comments:

  1. When we went to our last church, my husband and I were the only ones riding our motorcycles to church. We did get razed for it by the older folks, but it was mostly in fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a lot of comments about my motorcycle at church. They are by far the group that generates the most comments.

    But then I do make it obvious.

    The helmet under the pew.

    The jacket in the middle of summer.


    Balisada

    ReplyDelete