Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Greetings and Salutations

Hello.

If you are reading this, then you must be really bored.

I mean really, most sincerely bored.

Welcome to my meanderings. Here you will find ramblings about my motorcycle. Where I go, what I did when I got there, and what I saw. I am not a great writer, not terribly interesting, and I will not post about motorcycle safety (I leave that to the professionals.) If you are still interested. Read on.

So what kind of motorcycle do I ride?

I have a black 2006 Rebel and I ride it everywhere.

I used to have a screaming yellow helmet. Now it's graphics - "Voltage". Let me tell the story.

I was taking pictures of my motorcycle on a hill, and moved my motorcycle to a better position (meaning I was trying to get away from the graffiti of a mans most favorite muscle), and kicked my helmet.

I watched it roll in slow motion as I moved in even slower motion to get it. It stopped ever so briefly, so I stopped.

But then gravity kicked in, and it rolled down the mountainside.

If it just rolled down dirt, I would be sorely tempted to use it anyway, but it didn't. It rolled down rocks. Large fist sized rocks. And was stopped by a tree.

Say goodnight Gracie.

Put a fork in it.

It's done.

So I had to purchase a new helmet.

Yay.

$500 dollars later I had a helmet that couldn't decide what color it wanted to be. Why can't manufacturer's make a yellow helmet? Am I the only one that likes the color?

Here is the old one:



You're going to see that one coming a mile away. Here is the new one:



Not going to see that one a mile away. It works with the ears, but I really wish I could have had yellow.


Ta!

Balisada

No comments:

Post a Comment